RE: integrated authentication problem

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 19:07:00 -0600

Hi Mark,

Stretching my memory back to ancient history, from what I recall, NT is
NetBIOS dependent on its domain functions. So, it uses WINS and the
service identifiers associated with the WINS database entries. Also, if
the ISA Server isn't configured to use a WINS server, it will broadcast.
If the PDC isn't within IP broadcast range, then you're in trouble :-)

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder
www.isaserver.org/shinder