enable SMTP -what happen-

  • From: hodakara kara <hatem20102011@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 11:57:49 -0700 (PDT)

Dear All,

i have a situation here which is new to me.

we have winProxy installed on our Network, and we connect to the internet
through VSAT.

as the Normal way & Normal configuration, winproxy has 2 Network cards.

One is connect to the VSAT and it has Real IP-on it. with this real IP  (
62.36.125.45)
the second one is connected to our internal Network with this IP 90.0.0.1.

all of my users are used to configured there Internet Explorer to work as
Web-Proxy client.
No any firewall client at all installed on our machine.

we have our e-mail server hosted out side in USA .

when i asked the Administrator here in my company to configure the outlook for
me and to give me the POP3 server and SMTP server and my user name and
Password, he  just only request me to type in the POP3, the IP-Address of
winproxy which is 90.0.0.1 and the same in the SMTP.

so it means that our winproxy is our gateway or is our exit to send and receive
e-mails.

I want to implement this on ISA server, so i have to make Packet filter rule to
allow all the incomeing mail on Port 110 and to allow outbound mail on Port 25
which is SMTP.

i have only exchange server here local with GFI downloader POP3.

My question is, i want to know after i made this Rule and enable , why i am
still unable to send and receive e-mails and got error message.

when i configure the ISA to accept mail, i choose Packet filter and i enable
it, but actually its not working and on the OUTLOOK Express , it gives me this
error message :-
The connection to the server has failed. Account: '192.168.0.1', Server:
'192.168.0.1', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061,
Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
The connection to the server has failed. Account: '192.168.0.1', Server:
'192.168.0.1', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061,
Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
http://mail.yahoo.com