RE: dropped undefined traffic via static route with ISA 2004

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 13:53:24 -0800

First, if you have a router that can pass traffic between the two subnets, why
are you involving ISA at all?

IIUC, you have a configuration as thus:

          ISA

           |-------- Router
           |               |
        192.168/16      172.16/16

..and you want ISA to route traffic between 192.168/16 and 172.16/16 but you
don't want it filtered?

Two options:
1. Use the router as the default route for all hosts in each subnet and
configure the router to use the ISA internal IP as the default route.
2. configure manual routes on the ISA-local subnet hosts for the 172.16/16
subnet.

Either way, quit trying to use ISA as your network router unless you're willing
to physically insert ISA into the path.

   MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
   http://isaserver.org/Jim_Harrison/
   http://isatools.org