Re: client questions.

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 08:42:35 -0700

WEB client = uses the web proxy service directly by making proxy-type calls
to the ISA int IP at the outbound listener port.
FW client = uses the firewall client software for all requests
SecureNAT client = uses ISA in IP as its default route (either directly or
via routed network) and has no extra software or settings

The difference between how the client is viewed by ISA is based on the
request how the request is made.  A host can be all three, but not for every
request.

Jim Harrison
MCP(2K), A+, Network+, PCG