Re: can't ping out?

  • From: "Michael Ninkranz" <miken05@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 11:33:10 +1300

Your ISP should have public DNS servers? I don't think the DNS forwards it,
they return the IP and the ping goes direct from your external ISP to the
target IP.

When I had this problem I think I resolved it using Protocol rules, not packet
filters.
I am not an expert in ISA by any means, so if that doesn't help I am not too
sure what will!

Good luck!