RE: blocking connection by application

  • From: "cismic" <cismic@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 08:30:13 -0800

Hi All,

Something I like to do is to ensure that my network cards are not using auto
discovery and actually set them to be full duplex manually.  I have found
more often then not that if you don't do this the cards don't operate at
full duplex.  Then under the TCP/IP settings in the system registry for the
interface
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Inter
faces\] that is assigned to the nic card I also manually set the "MTU" value
of the card to at least "1440".  There are some other settings that can be
set that ensures consist speed and packet transmission between various
routers.
The enclosed file UpdateMTU.vbs.txt will update the MUT values on all
appropriate interfaces.  Just rename the *.txt back to *.vbs

This will give you noticeable increase in bandwidth that you can measure
with perfmon.

Thank you,
Joseph