adsl modem and isa

  • From: "dumazet" <gdumazet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 22:53:20 -0600

i postes yesterday a message regaring this tutorial

How to set up an ISA Server with an ADSL Modem Connection - Alexandre C.
Alencar - July 25th 2001

but i messed and mentioned the tutorial on cable modm

anyhow the problem is the same

in france the most important isp for adsl is wanadoo. once the modem is
settled we have to run a soft to installed pppoe on our computer if the
modem is directly connected to our external NIC

then we have to open a rras connection to the isp based on the raspppoe

anotherway is to connect the external NIC to a router which also provides
a pppoe connection to the isp with the right codes

my question was : can the tutorial of alexandre applies to such a
configuration in case i don't use a router ???

i tried it but there is no way to connect if i don't install pppoe on my
server

in this case which xdsl we have to use for alexandre's titorial to apply ?