Re: address already in use.

  • From: "rajgopalan srinivasan" <srini.r@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 22:38:26 -0700

--Hi Sushil,

thanks for your reply.  Actually I sorted out the problem in a different way.

The last time named shutdown it was not shutdown gracefully so it
didn't have a chance to clean up the domain socket.

So I shutdown the server and restarted it.  Now it is working fine.

Next time i'll try your solutions also.

once again thnx .

Bye.

Srinviasan.R.C

On Fri, 5 Apr 2002 21:32:32
 Sushil Bhalla wrote:
>http://www.ISAserver.org
>

>Srinivasan,
>
>I am sure there is a better way to do this but following solved my
>problem.
>
>Try to stop one or all of the following services and then try to start
>your websites.
>
>Routing and Remote Access
>Microsoft Web Proxy
>Microsoft Firewall
>
>If websites start, you can then restart stopped services.
>
>Let me know if this works and also if you find out any better solution.
>
>Regards,
>
>Sushil Bhalla
>

>> Hi
>>
>> When ever i restart my webserver(win 2000 server with isa server 2000) am
>> unable to start my web site.  It is showing stopped.  When I try to start
>> the web site it is giving an error message "address already in use".
>>
>> But am able to start and stop default ftp site and administration web
>> site.
>>
>> I am unable to start my website  and default web site.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Srinivasan.R.C

See Dave Matthews Band live or win a signed guitar
http://r.lycos.com/r/bmgfly_mail_dmb/http://win.ipromotions.com/lycos_020201/splash.asp