Windows Update to install ANYtime?

  • From: "William Robertson" <robertson.william@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 15:11:18 +0200

Hi there

Again I am sorry to bother the ISA fundi's of the world, but I got such
valuable insight from my last SUS post that I can't stop myself from doing
it again. ;)

Within the Autoupdate registry settings (or GPO settings) there is an option
to set the "Schedule Install Day" and "Schedule Install Time". Now I can set
the "Install Day" to any day by giving it a value of 0, but why do you think
Microsoft wouldn't include an option to set the "Install Time" to "anytime"
as well.

I know that the fixes themselves are downloaded to the workstation whenever
possible, but they are only installed once activated by the setting given in
the "Install Time" value. Now this is a bit if a pain, especially when
testing fixes etc.

Does anyone know if there is anyway to bypass this and force the Windows
Autoupdate client to install the fixes whenever possible?

Thanks

William R.