Re: Windows 2000 Services Essential to run ISA Proxy server

  • From: "Kerry Knox" <kknox@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 10:02:20 -0500

I have previously used and administered ISA Server standard edition, and
absolutely loved the product.  I have recently changed employment to and am
in the process of designing and building our network from the ground up.  My
employment positions in the past have had very limited budgets and
constraints that required me to run a very scaled down network, especially
where servers were involved.

This new company (20 years old) understands the vitality of proper network
security, support and implementation, and has dedicated a large percentage
of its operating capital to IT.  We have a very aggressive 3 year plan that
immediately includes 3 servers (ISA, DC, and File Server).

My initial question concerns the differences between ISA Standard Edition
and Enterprise Edition.  What are they?  What should be the choice factors?

Thinking you in advance for your assistance,

Kerry Knox
CIO