Why doesn't my web server publish through the isa firewall?

  • From: "Doug B" <bramed@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 06:57:46 -0700

I have ISA 2000 connected to a public network, with a private subnet of
192.168.0.x and a Screened Subnet (DMZ) on the 172.16.x.x range. My web
server is 172.16.96.2 and the DMZ interface on the ISA server is
172.16.96.1. I have done the following in attempts to publish this server
to the external interface, but to no avail:
- Enabled listener on port 80 for public interface.
- Everything listed in MS article Q313562.
- Made sure the public DNS record is pointing to the IP of the external
(public) interface on the ISA server.

Nothins seems to work. I can however access the web server from the
private network using both it's public FQDN and using the external IP
address. I am using only the ISP's DNS and the FQDN of the web server is
resolving properly. Traffic just doesn't want to pass from the public
network. I've even tried using a web publishing rule, even though the Q
article above makes no reference to it because the web server is on the
perimeter network. Please help?