RE: Weird one the last couple of days

  • From: Phill Hardstaff <phillh@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 08:28:51 +1100

Do you mean the servers went really slow for access to the web or access to
the console was really slow or both. Nachi behind your ISA box will make CPU
go to 100%, everything is still working but if you go the console the server
looks like it is locked, but it's not, pull the cable from the NIC to the
internal network and CPU usage will drop the 0% almost immediately, we had
to do this to isolate which building had a Nachi infected machine in it. So
more likely is that new network has some infected PC's on it.

Cheers

Phill

   _____