Web proxy enhancements

  • From: "Greg Mulholland" <gregstelatel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 10:03:55 +1000

Has anyone done an article or has any words of wisdom relating to improving
the performance of the web proxy cache for clients. Im not happy atm with
the reports, the breakdown shows (what I think) is too many requests being
retrieved directly from the internet.

Maybe im confused, in that this is showing me that the web proxy has not
cached this material previously, rather than the client  not using the proxy
for these connections to the net. Even still im wondering whether it can be
improved. Im an not really looking to use pro active caching or scheduled
content downloads at this minute.

Comments, questions, beer

Greg Mulholland
Stelatel Communications