RE: Web Server Backup

  • From: "Quillman Shawn (RBNA/CIT1.1) *" <Shawn.Quillman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 09:27:08 -0500

Where are the web servers in relation to the firewalls?  Are the web servers
internal and you're publishing them or are the external?

Might want to look into layer 7 switching.  You can have scripts running
that will monitor systems and reroute based on  whatever triggers you can
script.  This may or may not work for you depending on your network
topology.

-Shawn

-----
Shawn R. Quillman
Robert Bosch Corporation RBNA/CIT1.1
38000 Hills Tech Drive
Farmington Hills, MI  48331
(248) 553-1164 (P)     (248) 848-2855 (F)
shawn.quillman@xxxxxxxxxxxx