[isalist] Re: We Win!

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 19:43:16 -0700

We still support ISA on SBS 2000 & 2003.
What we don't support is the "roll your own" SBS-style deployments that cause
so much pain & heartache for customers and CSS engineers alike.

I agree with removing ISA from SBS; regardless of the protection it offered, it
actually creates a very insecure ISA deployment regarding traffic from the
inside. We wont' even discuss what it is coerced into regarding external
traffic.  When you add to this the "wizard me to death" and "openaport"
mentality that seems to pervade the SBS community (with notable exceptions),
the resulting support costs made the microscopic ISA revenue invisible.