Re: Want to block internet access for particular user in the company

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 10:15:33 -0800

You have to allow ISA to authenticate all users so that you can create Site
and Content rules to refuse specific ones.
That means ISA has to either be a member server in your corporate domain, or
that the ISA domain has to trust the corporate domain(s).
If you're not using domains, then you'll have to duplicate all user accounts
(and passwords) in the ISA local SAM.

the ISA help discusses this, as do many of the articles on
www.isaserver.org/pages/learning%20zone.htm.

Jim Harrison
MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG