Re: WLAN via ISA

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 12:45:56 -0700

How vulnerable WEP and 802.11x are is still subject to debate, but if it
makes you nervous, then by all means, restrict it.
Your design is sound; the decision you need to make is whether or not you
want to treat it as "trusted".
If so, assigning an RFC-1918 subnet to it and adding it to the LAT will
allow you to control through-ISA access via ISA rules.
If not, you'll need to treat it as a "DMZ" subnet, while requires packet
filters to control access.

 Jim Harrison
 MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
 http://isaserver.org/pages/author_index.asp?aut=3