Re: WANT TO OPEN PORT 6000

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 07:41:47 -0700

Hi Jawad,

    It depends in two things:
1. where the traffic originates
2. what protocol(s) your using

For instance, if the connection originates as a TCP protocol from an
Internet machine, the protocol definition would look like this:
TCP Inbound, local 6000, remote any

If the connection originates as a UDP protocolk from behind ISA, then it
would look like this:
UDP Receive-Send, local any, remote 6000

Jim Harrison
MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
http://isaserver.org/authors/harrison/
Read the books!