RE: Virus protection

  • From: "Greg Foulks" <greg.foulks@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 15:20:25 -0400

I use Network Associates Netshield for Win2k. It scan's everything coming and
going through the ISA server. I also have it loaded on
every workstation behind the ISA server just in case anything gets through. I
also has a scanner on my mail server that scan's every
incoming and outgoing email for emails that contain virus' or invalid
extensions (exe, vbs, eml, etc...)

I also use Network Associates Backweb secure cast which run's on a dedicated
system that monitors all workstations and servers on
the network for the latest virus definitions. When new definitions are release
a message is sent to BackWeb users and from that
console I can distribute the updates to all of the systems with a single click.

I don't know about the rest of you but trying to have your users keep there
individual virus definitions update to date was a lost
cause for me. Now it is all automatic and I never have to worry about if my
systems have the latest definitions.

Greg Foulks, MCP
NewFound Technologies, Inc.
http://www.nfti.com