RE: VPN in ISA with L2TP vs PPTP

  • From: "Thomas W. Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 20:47:00 -0600

Hi Stefaan,

Yes! I completely missed the significance of what you were saying during
that conversation on the Web boards. The key to successfully force the
clients to use the default gateway on the remote network is to give the
clients an off subnet address. When you do this, the client that is not
using the remote network (VPN server) as the default gateway will have
internal network IDs routed through the Internet, which clearly won't
work.

Thanks!