VPN Resets

  • From: "Phil Stewart" <phil@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 19:22:23 -0700

I have a persistent VPN setup between two offices (both running ISA server
and both on T1's).  Mostly telnet traffic coming from the client.  My
problem is that intermittently, the VPN tunnel resets (drops and
re-establishes).  This causes all the telnet sessions to be lost.
Sometimes, we'll run days with no problems and other times the tunnel resets
every 5-10 minutes.  I've turned off QoS on all interfaces, but I'm still
experiencing the problem.  I believe latency on the internet may be the
cause.  However, I'm wondering if there isn't some way to increase the VPN
timeout values so that the tunnels are less sensitive to latency. Thanks in
advance for any help with this problem.

Phil Stewart
Beneto, Inc.
phil@xxxxxxxxxx