VPN & ISA on same server

  • From: "Sheldon" <swt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 13:05:09 -0500

New subscriber - hello all!

I'm fairly new to ISA so please be gentle with me.  I am working with an
install this week that has an ISA server running in Integrated mode.  The
ISA NIC is the default gateway for their LAN.  It connects out to their
frame relay connection.  They also need to do a VPN connection to another
office to replicate their SQL databases between locations.  When I setup the
VPN connection on their ISA server (using the standard setup in W2K), the
connection is established with no problem.  However the users on the local
LAN can no longer make any Internet connections.  As soon as the VPN is
disconnected, everyone can access the Internet again.

Eventually they will be installing ISA at their remote location and we will
be able to setup the ISA - ISA server VPN connection, but until then ...

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks
Sheldon