[isalist] Re: VPN Clients - 0xc004002d FWX_E_UNREACHABLE_ADDRESS

  • From: Jim Harrison <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 05:47:01 +0000

If you selected more than one adapter, this would be the result.
Run through that weirdzard again and make sure only the Internal adapter is
selected.

Jim

Date:          5/8/2010 10:30:59 AM
Event ID:      21265
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
The routing table for the network adapter Internal includes IP address ranges
that are not defined in the array-level network VPN Clients, to which it is
bound. As a result, packets arriving at this network adapter from the IP
address ranges listed below or sent to these IP address ranges via this network
adapter will be dropped as spoofed. To resolve this issue, add the missing IP
address ranges to the array network. The following IP address ranges will be
dropped as spoofed:
Internal:10.1.6.47-10.1.6.47,10.1.6.63-10.1.6.63,10.1.6.67-10.1.6.67,10.1.6.70-10.1.6.70,10.1.6.223-10.1.6.223,10.1.6.244-10.1.6.244,10.1.6.252-10.1.6.252;

The IP addresses listed in each error are presumably ones assigned from DHCP to
the VPN clients.

Why would restarting the firewall service cause TMG to no longer properly
recognize the VPN IP's?  Obviously it's a rare occurrence where one needs to
restart the TMG firewall service, but it's something I'd done many times under
ISA 2006 with no ill effects to the VPN (aside from kicking off active clients,
of course).  How do I keep it from happening in the future?

Joe Pochedley