VPN Client Denied Connection on port 1023

  • From: "Michel Calle Azpitarte" <michel.calle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 08:37:50 -0600

I have a rare case

In a Windows Server 2003 Standard with ISA Server 2004 Standard with all
the
Service Pack´s and hotfixes installed, I configure VPN Access and work
fine
except with a terminal emulator called "Faro". It flow like this:

The VPN client log on to the network
Execute the "Faro" and send a RLOGIN (port 513) to the RS6000
The RS6000 answer thought the port 1023

The logging of ISA show "Denied Connection" to the answer on 1023 with
empty
"Rule"
The VPN client cant connect to the session and connection error is
displayed
All outbound protocolos are configured between the VPN and RS6000 and
viceversa
I try to send a TELNET from the RS6000 to the port 1023 on VPN client and
then no "Denied Connection" is showed
We defined a new protocol "Faro" on port tcp 1023 outbound (and inbound
too)
and nothing changed
When the VPN Client use the common TELNET of Windows no such error is
displayed and work fine
In the LAN no errors are showed ever
We are replacing a ISA Server 2000 that work fine with this configuration

Please Help us

Michel Calle Azpitarte
michel.calle@xxxxxxxxx