Using the New Serv-U 3.0 with ISA, based on the instructions from the Learning Zone

  • From: "Colter Bowman" <colter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 11:45:58 -0500

My problem is more or less getting the credtool to work, does anyone
know the proper syntax I should use to get this to work with a 3rd Party
Application.  If I can't get this to work with this app, what is the
alternative? Can I map a higher port using IIS, if so what would be the
syntax for using IIS on that higher port?

I am using Serv-U FTP, and I have read over the learning zone notes.
These notes describe in some detail how to make the high port work.  I
am using the new version of Serv-U and have run into a few problems
using the credtool.exe.  When trying to use the credtool.exe with the
proper service which is now Serv-U and not Serv-u32. I checked for the
service name on the server and its name is Serv-U, so i assume after
researching that this will be the bracketed name in the wspcfg.ini file.

WSPCFG FILE
[Serv-U]

ServerBindTcpPorts=21  (Want this to be high port 421)

LocalBindTcpPorts=20 (Should this be port 420)

Persistent=1

KillOldSession=1

ForceCredentials=1

The firewall client is installed correctly and working as well.

After getting the correct information in the .ini file I try using
Credtool and get errors every single time. When I type in credtool -r -n
c:\progra~1\Serv-U\ServUDaemon which is the executable that starts the
program, i get this error

ERROR: Authentication data were not found for
[c:\progra~1\Serv-U\ServUDaemon]

Am i missing something with the configuration of the .ini file or the
credtool.exe.....does anyone have any idea where i should go next so i
can this high port running.

Thanks in Advance,

Colter Bowman