RE: User-Agent String

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 09:18:09 -0700

Actually, since anyone can change their user-agent signature (even IE
folks), it doesn't matter what you set.

You'll always be "chasing your bad guys" no matter how you configure for
HTTP signatures.

The answer is to create a customer 12217.htm and 12217r.htm error pages
that simply say something a bit more PC than f#$% off.

This way, they don't get the "HTTP Filter <blah> response and don't get
a clue about how to get around you.

Remember to restart the firewall service so that it picks up the new
page.

   MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG

   http://isaserver.org/Jim_Harrison/
<http://isaserver.org/Jim_Harrison/>