Unknown SMTP command

  • From: José Eduardo Mohedano <jemohedano@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 13:15:00 +0200

Hello,

My configuration is as follows:
- ISA Server 2000 on Windows 2000 Advanced Server SP2.
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 SP1 on Windows 2000 Server SP2 behind the
firewall, on the LAT (Local Address Table).

E-mailing works properly but, sometimes, when we receive an e-mail 4 error
messages are generated in the ISA Server log. All of them are of the same
type ("unknown SMTP command") and the content is simply the referred
command:

        XEXCH50 1020 (this number is not always the same)

        X-LINK2STATE DROP

        X-LINK2STATE LAST

        X-EXPS GSSAPI

I have tried to add these commands to the appropriate SMTP filter (ISA
Management => Extensions => Application Filters => Properties => SMTP
Commands) but they are not saved although no error messages are reported.

Should I modify ISA or Exchange configuration?

        Thank you.

José Eduardo Mohedano
jemohedano@xxxxxxxxx