RE: Unauthorised access

  • From: "William Robertson" <william.robertson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 08:57:29 +0200

Hi Neil

1) Check your WEB Proxy logs for the Rule#1 and Rule#2 fields. This will
show you which Protocol Rule and S&C Rule your mystery user used to
access the web. (Enable these fields under Monitoring Config, Logs, WEB
Proxy Service, Fields.

2) Just confirm that the "Ask unauthenticated users for identification"
option is selected under the "Outgoing WEB Requests" tab

3) As for removing someone from an access group, you will need to
restart the WEB Proxy service for this to work immediately as ISA seems
to take it's time to synchronise with the Win2K AD when you add/remove
someone from an access group.

If there is one thing that I have learned it is that there is always a
reason for someone being granted access to the web, you just have to
find which rules were used, and then find out how he had access to that
rule.

One last thing, you may also want to check your FIREWALL log because I
have seen in the past that some users will surf the web via the Firewall
Client, and if you have told the HTTP Redirector to NOT forward requests
to the WEB Proxy service, then I think users will be able to surf the
web anonymously (I think).

Cheers
William R.