RE: Trying to create the neccesary rules.

  • From: "Philip Clark" <pclark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 13:06:37 -0500

Mark,

I am new to ISA myself, but I spent many productive years on his little
brother Proxy 2.0

Whenever I had a problem of this sort, I would enable packet filter logging
to it's maximum
verbosity. Then, all you need to do is attempt to connect and watch what is
being blocked.
(Hopefully it is not a NetBIOS connection as I suspect)   If it is NetBIOS
you have another
problem on your hands.  You may need to consider a DMZ