Trying to Publish Web Server

  • From: "Guinn Unger" <mlists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 13:21:09 -0500

We finally got ISA Server working to act as a firewall for web access.
Now we
are trying to publish a web server.  Here is the situation:

1.  The web server has an internal IP address of 192.168.0.20.  We can
reach
it from the internal network just fine.

2.  The T1 NIC in our ISA Server machine has an IP address of
66.64.10.3.  Our
ISP also gave us a block of 8 public addresses, one of which is
66.64.11.249.
I'm not sure how to handle this address.  Do I need to assign it as an
additional
IP address on the same NIC?  If so, what subnet do I use?

3.  It appears that we are unable to ping 66.64.10.3 from the internet.
Shouldn't
we be able to do so, given that the NIC is obviously receiving traffic
from outside?
Also, if I assign the 66.64.11.249 IP address to the T1 NIC  we are
unable to
ping it either.

4.  We tried to create a publishing rule to map requests for
192.168.0.20, but that doesn't work on our internal network either.

I appreciate the help.  We don't have any networking experts on staff
here.  Sorry
if this should be obvious!

Guinn

Guinn Unger
Unger Technologies, Inc.
Microsoft Certified Partner
Compaq Solutions Alliance Partner
geunger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.ungertech.com
281-367-2477

They didn't want it good, they wanted it Wednesday. - Robert A. Heinlein