RE: Trapping hackers

  • From: "Greg Wright" <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 09:09:35 +1100

If you *really* want to set up traps, you need to look into Honeypots. A
honeypot is designed to mimic an open, but unusual system so that
hackers target the honeypot, and not real systems. The Honeypot is
designed so that it cannot perform attacks back out onto the internet to
reduce the chance that the honeypot becomes used for malicious activity.
Check out http://project.honeynet.org/

Cheers,
Greg