Re: Traffic Slowdowns...

  • From: "Thor (Hammer of God)" <Thor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 09:28:19 -0800

Have you done a network capture during this time? That will tell you if it is actually "traffic" related or not....

On Mar 15, 2006, at 9:22 AM, Ball, Dan wrote:

http://www.ISAserver.org

I know I've asked this before, but I don't recall the answer.

Every morning, between 8:30am and 9:30am, we experience a massive
slowdown of traffic passing through the ISA server. This lasts for 5-10
minutes, and then goes away. The time varies, but is usually within
that one-hour timeframe. The level of slowdown also varies, sometimes
it is barely noticeable, sometimes (like this morning) it is totally
unusable.

I've reviewed all the logs, watched the traffic levels, etc... I have
been unable to trace what is causing this, traffic just seems to go to a
stand-still.

Each morning I again attempt to track it down, but I only have a few
minutes to investigate, then it is gone. The problem does appear to be
centered around our ISA server, but I haven't determined that it is
"solely" the problem.

Anyone have any good ideas on how to track this down?