RE: Terminal Server Security in internet

  • From: "Steve Moffat" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 14:41:03 +0100

Hi

if you publish TS using a non standard port and use client access rules then it
is nigh on impossible for anyone including brute force attacks to compromise
your servers, I have been using TS this way without any problems since ISA came
out. The only problem is with TS web access as I haven't found out how to
change the listening port.

It also as the benefit of allowing you access to any of your terminal servers
which are on your network.

HTH
Steve

        De:   "Jay J. Mobley" <jmobley@xxxxxxxxxx> em 24/05/2002 13:34 MST

        Favor Responder a "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]"
<isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

        Para:        "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        cc:

        http://www.ISAserver.org

        There is a brute force attack out there for Terminal Server
        Best way to ensure security is to VPN into your network then use
Terminal
        Server

        Tamanho do  Documento: 2,69 Kbytes            Limite = 1200 Kbytes