System Task using up significant Proc Utilization

  • From: RogersB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 11:17:11 -0400

Now this I have never seen before.

I have a Dual 1000, 2GB ram server and on various occasions the "System"
task will take up 50% proc utilization on both processors.  I am really
baffled by this since the "System" Process says its only using 200kb  ~yes
kb~ of ram.

There is nothing in the event log....and nothing in ISA or SuperScout that
configured to run during the day ~scheduled content downloads, VCA updates,
reports etc~

Nothing else is using up any processor utilization at the same time...its
System Idle Process at 50 and System at 50.

Anyone seen anything like this?