Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 9 LiveUpdate

  • From: "Tom Rogers" <trogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 13:54:40 -0400

I setup the LiveUpdate to run daily, from the Symantec System Center, at 3am
silently from a Firewall Client computer. The LiveUpdate downloads to a folder,
my Primary Server gets its updates from there at 3:15am and pushes them out to
all clients at 7:00am.

Trouble is, the silent LiveUpdate does not work through ISA. I have an "Allow
Rule" under Site and Content Rules, and an "All Open" Protocol Rule for my
Internet Users group. I have set the LiveUpdate settings to NO PROXY (cause I'm
using the Firewall Client on that machine.) I looked at the tutorials from
ISAserver.org website too - even the "Fixing the Symantec LiveUpdate Problem"
one, for hints/clues, but it keep failing.

Here's the catch - I *CAN* run it manually, and it downloads everything fine. I
have complete Internet access on this computer, and have had no trouble
accessing all kinds of web Internet content from this machine.

Any ideas on what is wrong and how I can fix?

TIA,

-TRR