Stuck in Exchange behind ISA

  • From: Ali Zubairy <alizubairy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 04:07:40 -0800 (PST)

Hello
    I really stuck up in configuring Exchange behind ISA Server 2000. I consult
throgth many documents including ISA Exchange Development Kit. According to my
senario I have had three Machines one for ISA one for Exchange and one for DNS.

When I try NSLOOKUP to check DNS it returned :
C:\>nslookup dns
Server:  dns.ispengineering.homeip.net
Address:  10.0.0.1

Name:    dns.ISPEngineering.homeip.net
Address:  10.0.0.1

C:\>nslookup hotmail.com
Server:  dns.ispengineering.homeip.net
Address:  10.0.0.1

DNS request timed out.
    timeout was 2 seconds.
DNS request timed out.
    timeout was 2 seconds.
*** Request to dns.ispengineering.homeip.net timed-out

C:\>nslookup mail
Server:  dns.ispengineering.homeip.net
Address:  10.0.0.1

Name:    mail.ISPEngineering.homeip.net
Address:  10.0.0.2

C:\>nslookup hotmail.com
Server:  dns.ispengineering.homeip.net
Address:  10.0.0.1

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    hotmail.com
Addresses:  64.4.33.7, 64.4.52.7, 64.4.32.7

On ISA server computer i managed server publishing rules for SMTP, POP3,
Exchange RPC and DNS Query
in site and content rule i allow DNS / SMTP SERVER to pass packets (as
described in dev. Kit) plus "Allow All" rule (as i also use internet on local
network)
In protocol rules i make rules for DNS, Zone transfer and SMTP (as described in
dev Kit)

On exchange server computer I configure a SMTP virtual server configured to use
external DNS Server plus a connector which use DNS to route  to each address
space & in advanced tag -- > selecting "Do not send ETRN/TURN"

My exchage can recieved mail but can not able to send. When i send mail it
remain in queue of SMTP virtual server(ConnecterName -- hotmail.com(SMTP
Connector -- Remote Delevery)   Retry
Please help me out
Ali Zubairy