Strange SNAT client behavior regarding port 25 (outgoing)

  • From: <g.sartzetakis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 10:54:06 +0300

Hello all,

Recent failures of my mail server to relay to specific domains made me
realize that there is something wrong with outgoing TCP traffic on port
25. The problem exists whenever a remote domain has more than one MX
records defined, and the server with the highest priority among those
records does not (for whatever reason) listen on port 25. When I try to
telnet to that remote IP to port 25 from ISA itself I get "Could not
open a connection to host on port 25 : Connect failed" replies. When I
try to do the same from the internal network I get "Connection to host
lost." The FW logs show error response 10054 (which i think means
connection reset). Is this behavior expected, or could it be that my
configuration needs a few adjustments? (The mail server (SNAT client) is
published using the wizzard and functions without any problems other
than the one stated herein)

Regards,

George