[isalist] Re: Slow Internet

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 06:09:52 -0800

Q1 - how is ISA configured; single- or multi-network?

Q2 - is ISA acting as a firewall or just a proxy behind SEF?

Q3 - what IP is the ISP quoting when they refer to the broadcasts?

You can stop NetBIOS name broadcasts by adding the following registry
value:

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\NetBT\Parameters

Name = NodeType

Type = DWORD

Value = 2

** Note that this setting is also #46 in your DHCP server or scope
options <HINT> **

Additionally, ISA 2004 installations may need to have the following
value:

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters

Name = EnablePMTUDiscovery

Type = DWORD

Value = 1

Both values require a machine reboot to take effect.