RE: Skype - Alarm bells ring

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 07:31:12 -0500

Hi Jason,

I use Skype because its pretty firewall friendly. I understand your
reluctance because of the developers less than pristine past, but the
app is pretty standard VoIP and the nice thing is that its not SIP
dependent, so you don't need an ALG to support it. I don't think it
works in Web Proxy mode, but it will use TCP 80 is that's the only port
you want to allow. Does your corporate network use policy allow VoIP
communications over the Internet?

HTH,

Get the book!
http://tinyurl.com/3xqb7 <http://tinyurl.com/3xqb7>