Re: Site to Site VPN Connection Using L2TP/IPSec by Pre-shared Key

  • From: "Roy Tsao" <roy_tsao@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 02:47:26 -0600

Dear Shiner-sama,

Unfortunately, by adjusting MTU value does not work for L2TP connection.
Result is the same:
  - IPsec SA is established
  - L2TP remote end (PPPOE) does not anwer the call

Can you help me to have a test at your side to verify this problem.
It is not complicated, no need to host two ISA server for test i.e.:
  - setup the ISA Sever connected internet by direct PPPoE dial-up
  - config ISA server as VPN server to accept L2TP client
  - setup a VPN client dial-up interface in internal client
    either physical or virtual
  - from that client to call to ISA server's eiter Lan or Wan IP
You can see the result which is the same as site to site, please!

Thanks,

Roy Tsao