[isalist] SharePoint Server Publishing Problem

  • From: Rob Moore <RMoore@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 15:21:19 -0400

Hello again-

Different problem this time around. I have a SharePoint server that I've
published. It was previously published on ISA 2006 and it worked fine. Earlier
this week I duplicated the rule on our new TMG server and moved it over there.
It seemed to be fine. However, we've now discovered a glitch. There's an MP3
file (audio record of a meeting) that's published at a fairly deep URL on the
server. When we try to go to it from inside the network, no problem. When we
went to it from outside the network when it was published on the ISA server,
again no problem. Now, from the TMG server, I get Failed Connection Attempt and
then a Denied Connection. The errors are at the bottom of the email, in case
you want to see them.

Oddly, you can get at this URL just fine when using FireFox (from outside the
network). No errors are generated. It's just when we use IE (from outside the
network) that we have problems.

Finally, when I created the rule on TMG, I first created the rule indicating
that AAM was not configured on the SharePoint server. (As I recall, AAM was not
mentioned on the ISA 2006 server configuration.) Then I asked our SharePoint
admin to configure AAM and I recreated the rule indicating that AAM was
configured. This did not help.

Here are the errors I've gotten:
The Failed Connection Attempt looks like this:
Client Agent       Authenticated Client      Service Referring Server
    Destination Host Name Transport            HTTP Method               Filter
Information            MIME Type         Object Source   Cache Information
    Error Information                Source Port        Session Type
Bidirectional       Network Interface          Raw IP Header  Raw Payload
Processing Time      Bytes Sent          Bytes Received Original Client IP
         GMT Log Time   Authentication Server   UAG Array Id                UAG
Version      UAG Module Id                UAG Id UAG Severity     UAG Type
     UAG Event Name            UAG Session Id            UAG Trunk Name
   UAG Service Name         UAG Error Code                Internal Service Info
Log Field                Client Application SHA1 Hash      Client Application
Trust State      Client Application Internal Name              Client
Application Product Name           Client Application Product Version
Client Application File Version    Client Application Original File Name
   Client FQDN       URL Categorization Reason          Forefront TMG Client
Version    URL Destination Host Name         Log Time              Client IP
           Destination IP    Destination Port               Protocol
   Action   NIS Scan Result   NIS Signature     NIS Application Protocol
       Rule       Result Code        HTTP Status Code            Client
Username                Source Network               Destination Network
URL        Server Name     URL Category     Log Record Type
Malware Inspection Action          Malware Inspection Result          Threat
Name     Threat Level       Content Delivery Method               Malware
Inspection Duration (msec)      NAT Address      Client Application Path
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0)
Yes         Reverse Proxy
http://www.servingpeace.org/programs/Event%20Materials/Forms/Event.aspx
    www.servingpeace.org TCP                GET        Req ID: 0ec47eb5;
Compression: client=Yes, server=No, compress rate=0% decompress rate=0% ; FBA
cookie: exists=yes, valid=yes, updated=no, logged off=no, client type=private,
user activity=yes              audio/mpeg                Internet
0x42a20000         0x582    2739                                       -
      -              -              343         162296  670         -
     4/29/2010 6:48:00 PM                                    0
            0
                                           0                0              -
                          -              -              -              -
      -              -                              -
www.servingpeace.org                4/29/2010 2:48:00 PM    209.120.230.106
           172.17.200.47     80           http       Failed Connection Attempt
              Inspected                                            SharePoint
3.0 Public Access (Newer)                     64 The specified network name is
no longer available.         anonymous        External               Local Host

http://www.servingpeace.org/programs/Event%20Materials/Haiti%20Briefing%202010.03.30%20MP3.mp3
            PHL-TMG1          -              Web Proxy Filter
                                                                           0
          -              -

The Denied Connection looks like this:
[...]
NSPlayer/11.0.5721.5265 WMFSDK/11.0                Yes         Reverse Proxy
               www.servingpeace.org TCP        GET        Req ID: 0ec47eb8;
Compression: client=Yes, server=No, compress rate=0% decompress rate=0% ; FBA
cookie: exists=no, valid=no, updated=no, logged off=no, client type=unknown,
user activity=yes                  Internet               0x8         0x180
2741                                                -              -
  -              1              2280       534         -              4/29/2010
6:48:12 PM                                    0
0
                               0              0              -
            -              -              -                -              -
         -                              -              www.servingpeace.org
4/29/2010 2:48:12 PM    209.120.230.106                172.17.200.47     80
      http       Denied Connection         Inspected
                SharePoint 3.0 Public Access (Newer)
   12202 Forefront TMG denied the specified Uniform Resource Locator (URL).
 anonymous                External               Local Host
http://www.servingpeace.org/programs/Event%20Materials/Haiti%20Briefing%202010.03.30%20MP3.mp3
          PHL-TMG1          -              Web Proxy Filter
                                                                         0

Thanks for any insight you have to offer.

Rob

Rob Moore
Network Manager
215-241-7870