RE: Setup of Static IP DSL internet connection

  • From: "Andrew English" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 00:55:16 -0500

Hey German,

Not sure if ISA 2000 does this like ISA 2004 does. Under ISA 2004 all
you need to do is setup your PPPoE connection to work on the WAN
connection first, probably the same way you do it for your dialup but
make PPPoE. Then tell your ISA to use that new connection to connect you
to the internet.

The other option is buy yourself a router, connect it to your WAN giving
it a new IP, then open all the ports 1 to 65535 TCP to your WAN LAN IP.

Regards,
Andrew