Setting Up Incoming and Outgoing Ports

  • From: "Mark Warren" <mwarren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 09:20:07 -0700

I am new to using ISA and have had some help in setting up initial
configurations to get things to function at our school O.K.  I am needing
some help for a couple of port issues that have arisen lately.  This
school
subscribes to two subscription services that we pay a fee for.  These
services need access for outgoing and incoming on ports 1900 and 5500
respectively.  The first thing that I have done is set a protocol
definition for outgoing and incoming ports 1900 and 5500.   Is my next
step
to setup a protocol rule to allow or deny these ports to specific users?
have attempted this but without any success.  If there is something else I
need to do?  Also, is there a command like "netstat -an" or something that
verifies I have setup this up correctly?

Thanks,

Mark Warren