Set Predefined Options

  • From: "hanan" <nouran@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 08:44:01 +0100

Hello

To configure auto discovery for isa server for firewall client and proxy
client, we can use Dhcp server option and DNS server
I chose DHCP server and I configured as the following
To configure the DHCP server to send the Auto configuration URL to the Web
Proxy and Firewall client:
1.    Start the DHCP snap-in.
2.    Right-click the DHCP name, and then click Set Predefined Options.
3.    Click Add.
4.    Type wpad in the Name box.
5.    Click String in the Data Type box.
6.    Type 252 in the Code box.
7.    Click OK.
8.    Type http://string_value/wpad.dat in the String box in the Predefined
Option and Values dialog box.
9.    Click OK.
 http://ISA Servername/wpad.dat
Now I want to use the ISA IP address instead of ISA Server name ( can I or
not), I have several ISA Servers (30 servers)
How I can do it, the Dhcp server don?t let me configure the same option with
other IP address
The problem is that I have web proxy clients that need local ISA server that
is configured as Caching Server, and other firewall clients that need other
ISA Server that is configured as firewall Server, I can?t apply the same
option for all clients because they use different ISA servers, and I don?t
want them to use the same ISA server because I have a big wireless network
and with that I will have a lots of traffic
My clients are 95,98 client and they don?t discover the ISA server for this
reason I want to do this solution from Dhcp option
I hope I could explain my problem clearly
Or there is another methods to do it
Any help or any idea

Thank you

hanan