Re: SecureNET FTP and Mail

  • From: "Brett WHITFORD" <BWHITFORD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rajia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,<isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 16:15:08 +1000

Raji,

I just had the same problem with outbound mail the other day...I had everything
configured correctly, and incoming mail was working.  My mail severs are
Netware based and I had just changed the ISA server so unauthenticated users
require authentication...that was the problem...I then created site and content
rules that allowed just those servers email and ftp to all destinations
(created destination sets first with IP address of appropriate servers).

Maybe you have done the same thing as I??

P.S I had to reboot the FTP and email servers in questions after I made that
change.

Regards,

Brett Whitford
Computer Network Manager
All Saints Anglican School
Highfield Drive
Merrimac Qld 4226
Ph: 0755870331
Fax: 0755303314
Email: bwhitford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>>> rajia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 08/13/01 03:51pm >>>
http://www.ISAserver.org

Many thanks Jim

I have been through these tutorials, and I also have Tom's book.
The problem is that the mail server is getting no response to 'Port open
greeting' during a SMTPSendAndExpect.
The mail server is able to do DNS Query.

Also I have done what you had suggested, creating a Protocol rule for the
SecureNet client. Containg only the FTP protocol and this is what I get from
the SNet client

FTP ftp.microsoft.com
Connected to ftp.microsoft.com.
connection closed by remote host.