STM Extension on URL

  • From: "Kincer, Rick" <Rick_Kincer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List] (E-mail)" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 13:33:15 -0500

Hello everyone,

It must have been a long brain frying week, I'm having a hard time figuring
this one out today...if someone could give me a push I would appreciate it!!

I have a user that is trying to get to a password protected website and the
URL has the extension ".stm". I have ISA set up fairly tight so of course
this traffic is not getting through, we receive "401.1 Unauthorized: Logon
Failed" but when I allow All Protocol Rules it gets through fine. I have
HTTP, HTTPS, ICA, FTP, etc allowed in the Protocol Rules properties but I
also have the ".stm" set in the content groups so I thought it would pass
through.

Viewing the connection using TCPView I see that the connection is HTTP in
which is allowed..... Any ideas??

Thank you!!

Rick