RE: SSL bridging article

  • From: "Ara" <ara@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 12:50:31 -0800

Tom,

In your article posted on http://isaserver.org/articles/2004pubowartm.html
<http://isaserver.org/articles/2004pubowartm.html>  , on tab 29 it says

"the name in the Server text box must match the name on the certificate bound
to the OWA site on the corporate network. I encourage you to use the same name
from "end to end" but its not absolutely required. In a future article, I'll
show you how you can actually use different public names and private names"

So if I get this right, I can generate a certificate for mail.domain.local and
use it, also changing the to tab in owa publish rule to point to internal
*.local instead of *.com. I understand that I client side they will get an
error saying that certificate doesn't match the fqdn but they can simply trust
it and press ok and it will work.

The question is will it fix the *.local and *.com issues with rpc over https
without having to go through the split dns structure as a quick solution?

Sorry if this is a stupid question as I am very confused about this