Re: SSL / Certificate / Web site / ISA ... how make it work?

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 06:33:54 -0700

Inline...

Jim Harrison
MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
http://isaserver.org/authors/harrison/
Read the books!
----- Original Message -----
From: "Terzano, Thierry" <Thierry.Terzano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2002 1:34 AM
Subject: [isalist] SSL / Certificate / Web site / ISA ... how make it work?

http://www.ISAserver.org

Hi,

My configuration:
An internal windows 2000 domain, connected to the Internet through an ISA
Firewall.

What I want to do:
* Install a certificate on my internal web site: that is done.
* Be able to connect me (with a Browser (client)) from the Intranet and from
the Internet to my web site in HTTPS protocol.

My problem:
If I'm inside my domain, https://blablabla works. If I try to connect
through the web... no page available.

** Does it work for HTTP?
** What is the exact error in the browser?

I read that I've to install the certificate on the ISA server, and after
configure the listeners of "incoming web request" tab in my ISA server
properties (in ISA management console).

** Installing the certificate on ISA is not required unless you want ISA to
terminate the SSL session.

Ok... I find nearly all... but NOT all.... and the most important I think:
how to install the certificate on the ISA server?

** All the steps required to allow incoming web requests and installing
certificates are contained in the ISA help and online at www.isaserver.org

So, can someone explain me the different step to perform in order to install
the certificate on the ISA server, and after configure ISA to make it work
(I'd like not to have a new problem just after I succeed installing it).

Thanks a lot.
Thierry