Re: SQL Logging question ISA 2000

  • From: "josephk" <josephk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 03:26:23 -0700

Hi Pukhow,

I process approximately 5GB of data daily, small in comparison to other
sites I'm sure.
I bring in all the raw data, with scripts that I've created that
strip out the trailing blanks on all the fields.  I don't like writing
directly to SQL from ISA Server.
Once, I have the raw data in place, I process all the raw stuff down
into appropriate tables, number hits,
By referrer, By Status Code etc. I then, save the current raw data to
disk and truncate my Db. All the processed tables
Are then used in cool graph's, OLAP, SQL reporting services and some
Crystal reports slowly moving all over to RS).
I've also have been creating tools to read in the raw data and place
into word and excel documents just in case
Management likes to read that type of stuff.

You might check out   http://isatools.org for the scripts that I use at
my sites to read in the data.
The more people using them and giving feedback the better.  I've been
working on C++ programs to read the data and
Do some up front processing before moving into SQL.  It's faster then
script. But, heck the scripts work quite well.

Anyone else using them?

Thank you,

Joseph