RE: SMTP Server Publishing

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 12:41:16 -0800

Problem is not with ISA or Exchange.

Problem is with DNS.

http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/mail.ch?domain=testguy@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=afsctmp.org

The MX record, which the Internet will try to connect to for that domain, is
mail.afsctmp.org, but that server is not reachable.

In your error, mail.afsc.org is trying accept the message, but it can not do
so, as the message must be received by mail.afsctmp.org.

John Tolmachoff
Engineer/Consultant/Owner
eServices For You